This role is responsible for all aspects of the corporate general and cost accounting functions. It plays a critical part in the company’s month-end close, cycle counting, financial reporting and GL structure process resulting in complete and accurate domestic and international financial statements.
- Provide support to the Assistant Controller with the GL structure of MicroCare USA and its foreign subsidiaries.
- Ensure all journal entries are recorded, i.e., standard, recurring, adjustment, accruals and ensure proper supporting documentation.
- Perform monthly closing procedures, for International subsidiaries, including expense trending review and balance sheet reconciliations, such as inventory, accrued expenses, accounts payable, to ensure financial statements are complete, accurate, and compliant.
- Oversee foreign tax filings for International Accountants and prepare schedules and other input used in external tax filings.
- Responsible for inventory valuation (GAAP and IFRS), excess and obsolescence reserve computations, monthly inventory reconciliation at domestic and international plants and cycle counting.
- Partner with Manufacturing to facilitate cycle counting and physical inventories to be executed several times per year.
- Develop product cost variance analysis reports for management.
- Execute preparation for quarterly, interim and annual audits. This includes working with auditors at the time of audit and answering their inquiries, providing supporting documentation for accounting work and explaining our accounting processes.
- Assist with tasks relating to corporate consolidations including special ledger entries and multi-currency entries.
- Assist with the development of new policies and procedures and provide input to continuously improve accounting processes and procedures
- Work with Operations to assist in developing and reporting business metrics.
- Perform any other duties/projects assigned by CFO.
- Undergraduate in Finance/Accounting. Cost Accounting experience mandatory. Master’s Degree preferred. CPA preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of accounting experience, with audit and cost accounting experience.
- Exceptional Excel and MS Office technical skills as well as ERP experience.
- International Accounting required.
- Thorough understanding of accounting concepts for both US (GAAP) as well as International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) is preferred
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to independently resolve moderate to complex problems.
- Experience using Microsoft Office skills (Excel/PowerPoint/Word/Outlook) required
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to multi-task.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills, Detailed – ability to thoroughly analyze and identify outliers or errors in data sets.
- Project management skills, and attention to detail required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Continuous keyboard use/repetitive hand motion