Incoming Quality Inspector
The Incoming Quality Inspector validates materials and products such as fabricated components, raw materials and chemicals for conformance to specifications by performing the following duties.
- Inspects and tests parts, components, materials and finished products to determine conformance to established product requirements.
- Perform receiving inspection, assembly in process audits and returned goods inspections.
- Processes nonconforming product and materials, and coordinates with various departments to get product disposition. (re-stock, Scrap, rework )
- Test and release in-coming components and chemicals using approved sampling plan and test methods.
- Functionally manages the re-test/expiration/rejection process for chemicals
- Send chemicals to Lab for chemical analysis. Enter CoA for chemicals in Chempax.
- Create Reports for In-coming components and chemicals in Chempax.
- Print Green stickers and affix to pallet tags for approved components and chemicals.
- Verify and update standards as necessary.
- Provides support in a Bi-year management of product label and updates into the system
- Scan approved documents and Quality documentation into the system for easy retrieval.
- Ensure GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) compliance in all work areas.
- Ensure GMP compliance to Quality control requirements.
- Ensure good housekeeping for components and chemicals.
- Conduct in-coming QC paper review.
- Reconcile inventory discrepancies in Chempax
- Receive goods into Chempax
- Enter warehouse transfers
- Promotes an incident free environment by complying with safety policies and procedures and participate in company safety trainings.
- Demonstrates accuracy and quality in the quantity of work produced.
- Ensures that quality standards are met and all procedures are followed. Takes steps to correct mistakes and improve the overall product.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A High School Diploma and a minimum 4 years of experience in manufacturing performing inspections; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working with Chemicals and fabricated materials a plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to handle, smell or feel and talk or hear.
The employee is occasionally required to stand; sit; reach with hands and arms; perform overhead work; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job to include close, distance, color, peripheral and depth perception vision